- 1 1/4hrs
- 125g butter, softened
- 2 tbs Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 tbsp milk
Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a deep 20cm-round cake pan; line base with baking paper.
Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy, then add in eggs and Vanilla Bean Paste and mix until combined. Mix in flours, baking soda and milk until just combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 1 1/4 hours until and inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn onto wire rack; turn cake top-side up to cool.
For icing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl, mixing well until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake and serve immediately.