- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 500g skinless chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, stems removed and finely shredded
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) arborio rice
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tsps Queen Natural Coconut Essence
- 2 tbsps fish sauce
- 200g green beans, trimmed, chopped
Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. In batches, add the chicken and cook, turning, for 2-3 minutes until browned. Remove the chicken from the saucepan and set aside.
Reduce heat to medium and add the chopped onion, chilli, garlic and kaffir lime leaves. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes until the onion is soft, then add the rice and curry paste and cook, stirring to coat the grains, for a another minute. Return the chicken to the saucepan.
Add the stock one ladleful at a time, stirring until all the liquid has been absorbed before adding the next batch. Towards end of cooking, test the risotto frequently as the stock runs low, to avoid overcook-ing. You may not need to use all of the stock.
Combine coconut essence and fish sauce, add to risotto with beans, and stir well. Cover and stand for 5 minutes.