- 125g unsalted butter, chopped
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp Queen Natural Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Queen Natural Strawberry Essence
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 225g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- Queen Rose Pink Food Colouring
- 1/2 tsp Queen Strawb'ry & Cream Flavour for Icing
- Dr.Oetker Ready to Roll Icing White
Pre-heat the oven to 180C fan-forced and line a 12-hole muffin tin with cupcake liners.
Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add the eggs, vanilla and strawberry essence and mix them through.
Tip in half the flour and beat it through then add half the juice and mix it in. Repeat. Divide the batter between the cupcake liners.
Bake cupcakes for 15-20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
To make the icing, beat the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Add the icing sugar and extract and beat until the icing is light and fluffy. Divide the icing in half and beat a little pink food colouring through one half.
Scoop pink and white icing into separate rectangles of cling wrap and wrap into a sausage shape, leaving one end open. Place open ends down into a piping bag, to create the two-tone effect. Pipe icing on top of the cooled cupcakes and top with a fondant butterfly.