- 10 mins
- 20 mins
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- Pinch salt
- 3 ½ cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup peanut butter or Nutella
- Coloured chocolate Easter eggs
- Dr. Oetker Sugar Strands, to decorate
Preheat oven to 160°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
Combine sweetened condensed milk, egg white, vanilla bean paste and salt in a large bowl. Stir until well combined. Add shredded coconut and mix well.
Spoon two tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on baking tray. Gently flatten and indent middle with your thumb to make a nest shape.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and gently re-press the middles to ensure enough space for the filling. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
To serve, dollop peanut butter in the middle of each nest and decorate with Easter eggs and sprinkles. Store in an airtight contain for up to 3 days.