- 20 mins + chilling
- 12 pitted fresh Medjool dates
- ½ cup raw pistachios
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp spirulina powder (optional)- or 2 tsp pistachio paste
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 cup coconut butter
- ¼ cup nut milk (almond, cashew or macadamia)
- 1 tbsp Queen Pure Maple Syrup
- ¼ tsp Queen Natural Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup crushed raw pistachios
- Raw cacao nibs (optional)
Method - Base
Place the pistachios in your food processor and pulse until they are crushed and start to form a flour. Add the other ingredients and blend until everything is combined. The texture should be smooth and sticky. If the paste is too dry, add a couple dates. Press into the bottom of a squared pan and set aside in the fridge while you are preparing the filling.
Method - Filling & To Serve
Throw all of the ingredients into your blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Spread the filling evenly onto your crust. Top with some crushed pistachios and cacao nibs. Put back in the fridge and let sit for 3-4 hours. Slice into squares and keep chilled, remove from fridge immediately before serving.
This lovely recipe is by My Kitchen Stories. Click here to see the original and more delicious recipes.