- 500ml thickened cream
- 1 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp Queen Natural Strawberry Essence
- 1 tsp Queen Pillar Box Red Food Colour
- 300g frozen raspberries, thawed
- 100g packet pavlova nests, roughly crushed
- 2 x 250g punnets strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries, to serve
In a large, clean bowl beat cream until soft peaks form. Add 2 tbsp caster sugar and strawberry essence and mix until sugar has dissolved. Add food colouring, 1 drop at a time, gently folding into cream mixture until desired colour is achieved. Cover and refrigerate.
Place frozen raspberries and remaining sugar in a food processor and process until a smooth sauce forms, adding 1 tbs water if required. Transfer sauce to a fine sieve over a bowl. Stir with a spoon to extract all raspberry juice. Discard seeds. Transfer to a jug, cover and refrigerate.
To serve, arrange 4-6 dessert bowls and place meringue in base, followed by cream, raspberry puree and strawberries. Repeat to create an additional layer if desired. Serve immediately with fresh raspberries.
Assemble this dessert immediately before serving, otherwise the meringue will crumble.