- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp Queen Organic Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, plus 1/2 cup extra, to sprinkle
- 2 large bananas, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted pecans
- 300mls thickened cream
- 60g butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Optional: ice cream and chopped pecans, to serve
Preheat Waffle maker. If using a Breville model, select CLASSIC setting and dial up 6 on the browning control dial. Preheat until orange light flashes up and the word HEATING disappears.
Whisk together the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla in a jug and set aside.
Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl, make a well in the centre and whisk in milk mixture to form a smooth batter.
Pour just under ½ cup of batter into each waffle square. Sprinkle 1–2 teaspoons of brown sugar over each waffle square and top with 4 slices of banana. Close lid and cook until timer has finished and ready beep has sounded 3 times. Repeat with remaining batter, banana and sugar.
To make caramel sauce, combine cream, butter and brown sugar into a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat and bring to the boil, reduce to low and simmer for 2–3 minutes or until thickened.
To serve, drizzle over caramel sauce and top with ice cream and pecans, if desired.